Other Projects & Case Studies
Sport Training Package Development
SkillsIQ, under the direction of the Sport and Recreation Industry Reference Committee and a Technical Advisory Committee, is undertaking an update of the training package products in the Sport Sector.
SkillsIQ, under the direction of the Sport and Recreation Industry Reference Committee and a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), is undertaking a comprehensive update of the following ten qualifications and associated units of competency in the SIS10 Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package.
This update continues from previous consultation work and will incorporate transitioning all Training Package Products to the Standards for Training Packages. The updated material will be housed in the SIS Training Package.
The following ten Qualifications and associated Units of Competency are being updated:
- SIS20412 Certificate II in Sport Career Oriented Participation
- SIS20513 Certificate II in Sport Coaching
- SIS30613 Certificate III in Sport Career Oriented Participation
- SIS30713 Certificate III in Sport Coaching
- SIS30813 Certificate III in Sport Trainer
- SIS30913 Certificate III in Sport Officiating
- SIS40512 Certificate IV in Sport Coaching
- SIS40612 Certificate IV in Sport Development
- SIS50512 Diploma of Sport Coaching
- SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development
Please CLICK HERE to access draft 1 documents including a consultation guide.
Feedback for draft 1 documents will remain open until the 29 June 2018.
The changes proposed in draft 1 include:
- A simplified structure with clear distinctions between qualification levels and clarity in the assessment requirements
- A framework consistent with the general principles and minimum standards applicable to National Sport Organisations. (The framework does not replace individual sport accreditation programs).
- Coaching and officiating qualifications to allow sport specific or general elective streams and a more flexible framework for all sports to consider.
The proposed structure will continue to allow VET delivery to Secondary School Students.
Following the consolidation of feedback from the consultation process, Draft 2 Training Package Products will be prepared and a validation process will be conducted using the SkillsIQ online Feedback Forum and other activities. This project is scheduled for completion in December 2018.
For further information, please contact Marianne Wehby on (02) 9392 8100 or Marianne.Wehby@skillsiq.com.au