Other Projects & Case Studies
Sport Training Package Development
SkillsIQ, under the direction of the Sport and Recreation Industry Reference Committee and a Technical Advisory Committee, is undertaking an update of the training package products in the Sport Sector.
SkillsIQ, under the direction of the Sport and Recreation Industry Reference Committee and a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), is undertaking a comprehensive update of the following ten qualifications and associated Units of Competency in the SIS10 Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package.
The following ten Qualifications and associated Units of Competency are being updated:
- SIS20412 Certificate II in Sport Career Oriented Participation
- SIS20513 Certificate II in Sport Coaching
- SIS30613 Certificate III in Sport Career Oriented Participation
- SIS30713 Certificate III in Sport Coaching
- SIS30813 Certificate III in Sport Trainer
- SIS30913 Certificate III in Sport Officiating
- SIS40512 Certificate IV in Sport Coaching
- SIS40612 Certificate IV in Sport Development
- SIS50512 Diploma of Sport Coaching
- SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development.
This update continues on from previous consultation work and incorporates the transition of SIS10 Training Package Products to the Standards for Training Packages. Please also note that the Outdoor Recreation Training Package Products currently contained in SIS10 are also being transitioned and updated in a separate project. All updated material will be housed in the SIS Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package.
Initial analysis of existing Training Package Products showed significant numbers of Units with low or nil enrolments. In consultation with the Sport Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), areas were identified where the structure of Qualifications could be improved and strengthened to reflect actual job roles and provide choice and flexibility across various sports.
The consultation period for Draft 2 has now closed.
The updated training package products are now being finalised with associated material for submission for endorsement.
For further information, please contact Marianne Wehby on (02) 9392 8100 or at Marianne.Wehby@skillsiq.com.au