Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Reflect on values and biases.
- Identify aspects of own life experiences or history which may influence current values, beliefs and attitudes.
- Identify potential impact of own life experiences on interactions and relationships with people from different backgrounds using a process of reflection.
- Identify and act on ways to develop self-awareness and how own behaviours may contribute to inclusive practice.
- Demonstrate respect for inclusion and diversity.
- Identify and describe aspects of diversity and inclusion.
- Use communication skills that model open, inclusive, ethical interactions with children, families and colleagues.
- Use and support opportunities that encourage and promote participation by all individuals and groups.
- Use inclusive work practices that support cultural, gender, ability and other forms of safety.
- Support children’s understanding of inclusion and diversity.
- Identify and use opportunities that build on the diverse backgrounds of children and families in the service.
- Identify and consult with community members and follow community protocols to obtain or share knowledge of local cultural, ethnic, gender and other diverse groups.
- Provide children with opportunities to learn about similarities and differences in the world around them.
- Engage children in collaborative discussions about respectful and equal relations.
- Observe children’s interactions and participation and identify and communicate any needs for additional support to improve inclusive relationships.
- Engage with peers, mentors or others to support individual children with specific needs.