Skills must be demonstrated in a regulated education and care service in Australia:
- interactions with children must be supervised by an approved early childhood educator.
Where there is documented evidence that the service does not permit performance of one or more of the above skills by individuals who are not staff members, those skills may be demonstrated in a simulated environment.
Simulated assessment environments must simulate the real-life working environment where the skills and knowledge within this unit would be utilised, with all the relevant equipment and resources of that working environment.
Assessment must ensure access to:
- publicly available information about the service
- National Quality Framework:
- Education and Care Services National Regulations
- National Quality Standard
- the relevant approved learning framework
- service standards, policies and procedures for:
- educational program and practice
- collaborative partnerships with families and community
- children in a regulated education and care service in Australia
- families / carers of the above children.
Assessors must satisfy the Standards for Registered Training Organisations’ requirements for assessors.