Skills must be demonstrated in the workplace or in a simulated environment that reflects workplace conditions:
- interactions with children must be supervised by an approved early childhood educator or teacher.
Simulated assessment environments must simulate the real-life working environment where the skills and knowledge within this unit would be utilised, with all the relevant equipment and resources of that working environment.
Assessment must ensure access to:
- information technology for sourcing information
- service standards, policies and procedures for all aspects of operation
- Early Childhood Australia (ECA) Code of Ethics
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- National Quality Framework:
- Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations
- National Quality Standard
- the relevant approved learning framework.
Assessors must satisfy the Standards for Registered Training Organisations’ requirements for assessors.