Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Identify play and leisure interests of children in school age care.
- Identify children’s interests, ideas, knowledge, strengths, culture, abilities and skills based on observation and interactions with children.
- Read children’s records and identify information that is relevant to planning experiences.
- Identify and review suitable experiences relevant to children’s interests.
- Confirm individual children’s support and guidance needs with families, colleagues and child.
- Plan experiences.
- Plan experiences based on information gathered in consultation with children, families and other stakeholders.
- Select activities and resources that promote access, equity, diversity and inclusion of all children in the service.
- Determine operational arrangements for experiences and assess feasibility within budgets and timeframes.
- Develop flexible implementation plans that suit a variety of contexts and respond to contingencies.
- Identify and include evaluation strategies in the planning process.
- Document experience plans according to service policy and procedures and relevant legislative requirements.
- Implement school age care experiences.
- Set up environments for leisure and play according to the experience plan and adapt where necessary to reflect changing interests and needs of children.
- Follow service safety policies and procedures in implementing experiences.
- Select experience based on children’s expressed interests, service requirements and resource availability.
- Identify changing needs and adapt experiences accordingly.
- Respond to and manage implementation difficulties promptly seeking support where necessary.
- Evaluate experiences.
- Use reflection and evaluation strategies during and after experiences and use outcomes for future plan development.
- Prepare evaluations on experiences using critical reflection according to service policies and procedures.