Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Reflect on values and biases.
- Identify aspects of own family background or history which may influence current values, beliefs and attitudes.
- Identify potential impact of own background on interactions and relationships with people from different backgrounds using critical reflection.
- Identify and act on ways to improve self and social awareness of the impact of discrimination.
- Demonstrate respect for inclusion and diversity
- Use communication skills that role-model open, inclusive, ethical interactions with children, families and colleagues.
- Identify, use and support opportunities that encourage and promote participation by all individuals and groups.
- Use inclusive work practices that support cultural safety.
- Support children’s understanding of inclusion and diversity.
- Identify and use opportunities that build on the diverse backgrounds of children and families in the service
- Identify and consult with community members and follow community protocols to obtain or share knowledge of local cultural groups.
- Provide children with opportunities to learn about similarities and differences, and how we can learn to live together.
- Engage children in collaborative discussions about respectful and equal relations.
- Observe children’s interactions and participation and identify and communicate any needs for additional support to improve inclusive relationships.
- Engage with peers, mentors or others to support individual children with specific needs.