Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Interpret the National Quality Framework.
- Analyse the National Quality Framework (NQF) and the relevance of the various components to the service.
- Identify sources of advice and seek assistance from those sources if clarification is required on interpretation of any aspect of the framework.
- Support staff understanding of the NQF and other legislation and regulations relevant to the service through clear and consistent provision of information.
- Interpret details and requirements of the assessment and rating process and share information with all staff in the service.
- Facilitate service self- assessment.
- Determine ways to collect information from staff, children, families and the community to inform self- assessment on a regular ongoing basis.
- Share ideas with colleagues and involve them in the collection of information to inform the self-assessment.
- Record the information collected during the self-assessment process against the standards and elements in the NQF.
- Make self-assessment data available at the service to inform discussion of the assessment and rating process.
- Facilitate the development of a quality improvement plan.
- Use the information gathered in the self-assessment process to inform the development of the quality improvement plan.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify strengths and key improvements sought within the service.
- Determine how key improvements sought will be reflected in the improvement plan.
- Clearly and concisely record all of the required information in the plan.
- Plan collaboration with stakeholders on a regular basis to review the quality improvement plan.
- Coordinate the service for a rating and assessment visit.
- Provide timely advice about assessment visit and schedule meetings with stakeholders and staff to ensure adequate preparation.
- Check for accuracy and completion of all documentation required for rating and assessment.
- Provide clear information to staff about individual and team requirements during the rating and assessment visit.