Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Respond to a family member’s concerns.
- Clarify the concern promptly and identify key issues with the family member.
- Use appropriate communication strategies to discuss possible resolutions, focussing on collaborative decision-making.
- Confirm next steps and clarify agreement with all relevant parties.
- Follow service privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Acknowledge and address grievances and complaints.
- Listen respectfully to person’s concerns.
- Identify, investigate and discuss issues underlying complaint according to service procedures.
- Prioritise and take action with the level of urgency the situation requires.
- Explain complaint process and clearly inform complainant of what can and cannot be expected from process.
- Refer complainant to appropriate procedures or forums.
- Resolve complaints.
- Seek advice, generate options and facilitate resolution according to service procedures.
- Facilitate mediation between parties concerned according to service procedures.
- Obtain agreement regarding resolution of issues.
- Document process and outcomes according to service procedures.
- Review outcomes.
- Seek feedback from relevant parties about the resolution of problem and/or complaint.
- Clarify misunderstandings or concerns regarding process or own role.
- Use feedback and lessons learned to identify and implement improvements to own practice and service.