Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Source and use information on work in children’s education and care.
- Identify and access sources that provide current and accurate information on work in children’s education and care.
- Source and interpret information on rights and responsibilities of own role.
- Source and interpret information on skill and knowledge requirements for own and related roles.
- Work within organisational requirements
- Obtain, interpret and comply with organisational procedures according to own job role.
- Seek advice and information from supervisors to ensure full understanding of organisational requirements.
- Use designated lines of internal and external verbal and written communication and reporting.
- Follow organisational presentation standards.
- Use effective work habits
- Plan and organise daily work activities to achieve required outcomes within scope of responsibility.
- Act promptly on instructions and follow procedures relevant to the task.
- Identify and clearly communicate to supervisor when additional support is needed.
- Prioritise and complete competing tasks within designated timeframes.
- Work collaboratively
- Identify and use opportunities to share and seek information to maximise cooperation and the quality of daily work outcomes.
- Use verbal and non-verbal communication that demonstrates respect for individual differences and work roles.
- Communicate information in a manner that is clear, and confirm understanding
- Listen to requests, clarify meaning and respond appropriately.
- Exchange information clearly in a timely manner and within confidentiality procedures
- Use oral communication skills to prevent, defuse and resolve conflict situations.