Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Contribute to planning and preparation.
- Seek and use guidance of teacher or other education professional when contributing to planning.
- Make contributions that reflect clear understanding of program objectives and outcomes and their relationship to current curriculum.
- Prepare for implementation in accordance with teacher direction, safety and legal requirements, school policy and procedures and job role.
- Implement program under guidance of teacher.
- Organise and distribute notes and student work as agreed.
- Guide students in the location and use of relevant materials needed to participate in the lesson or activity.
- Implement classroom strategies that support individual student needs under teacher direction.
- Coordinate identified equipment and resources relevant to the program.
- Identify and provide information that assists the teacher in identifying educational needs of students.
- Contribute to a consistent and stable learning environment.
- Clarify requirements and implement classroom routines appropriately.
- Manage routine duties and tasks within established timeframe and according to school policies and procedures.
- Promote cooperation and good relationships through positive approaches to work.
- Identify possible environmental modifications that suit the individual needs of students according to established guidelines.
- Contribute to individual and group assessment.
- Accurately record and report observations as specified in the job role in accordance with routine requirements.
- Provide informed contributions to student reviews and case conferences as part of a collaborative process.
- Review the implementation of educational programs to identify potential strategies for improvement.
- Consider program implementation in relation to the plan to identify where improvements could be made.
- Discuss outcomes with the supervising teacher and share feedback to contribute to strategies for improvement
- Seek, acknowledge and act upon teacher feedback to improve own practice and identify development opportunities.