Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Determine information requirements.
- Identify and clarify the purpose and scope of the information required in consultation with teacher.
- Locate possible internal and external sources of online information following organisation policies and procedures for internet access and use.
- Find and use search engines and databases related to information required.
- Determine and use key words and phrases to locate online information.
- Locate online information.
- Identify relevant websites and databases.
- Use logic and research skills to identify key words and phrases for the search.
- Navigate websites and locate information using key words and phrases identified for the topic.
- Access sufficient information to meet the needs of the research brief.
- Retrieve, evaluate and report on information.
- Download and use information according to the requirements of the research task.
- Ensure information is sufficient, current and accurate to meet requirements.
- Meet legal and ethical requirements relating to copyright and protection of information.