Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Maintain a safe environment.
- Provide guidance and support to students on the safe use and care of equipment and resources.
- Maintain classroom displays according to work safety regulations and organisational policies and procedures.
- Support student protection programs as appropriate.
- Take appropriate steps, if required, to maintain personal safety of self and others.
- Recognise common hazards and report to appropriate personnel in accordance with organisational policies and procedures.
- Follow organisational policies and procedures for dealing with hazards, within the scope of own job role.
- Maintain a hygienic and healthy environment.
- Maintain the classroom in a clean and tidy condition.
- Respond appropriately to students who require assistance with personal care or hygiene.
- Clean soiled student clothing and areas according to organisational policies and procedures.
- Supervise students in conjunction with teacher.
- Undertake supervision of students according to teacher direction and school policy and procedures.
- Supervise students outside the classroom according to teacher direction and school policy and procedures.
- Deal with emergency situations.
- Contribute to planning for emergency and potential emergency situations.
- Recognise emergency and potential emergency situations promptly and take required actions within the scope of own job role.
- Follow emergency procedures correctly in accordance with school procedures.
- Seek assistance promptly from colleagues and/or other authorities where appropriate.
- Report details of emergency situations accurately in accordance with school policy, including accurate completion of accident and incident report forms.
- Support the health and wellbeing of students.
- Assist students in need of minor first aid according to organisational policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance with the general care and wellbeing of students and attend to students with minor illnesses according to organisational policies and procedures.
- Identify health issues in the student community and their impact on student learning.
- Assist in the provision of health promotion programs.
- Ensure confidentiality of student health information.
- Use professional language when liaising with health professionals and families under the guidance of the teacher.