Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Determine personal support requirements.
- Review individualised plan and confirm support services to be provided with the person receiving support, their carer, family or others identified by the person.
- Provide the person with information regarding their rights and complaints procedures and confirm understanding.
- Consult with the person, their carer, family or others identified by the person to determine any specific physical, sensory or cultural needs or preferences.
- Discuss and confirm the person’s preferences for personal support and their own level of participation in meeting their support needs in a positive manner that develops and maintains trust.
- Work with the person to identify actions and activities that support the individualised plan and promote the person’s independence and right to informed decision-making.
- Confirm and assemble required equipment, processes and aids and prepare for support activities according to the person’s individualised plan, their preferences and organisational policies and procedures.
- Identify requirements outside of scope of own job role and seek support from supervisor.
- Provide support services.
- Provide support according to the individualised plan, the person’s preferences and strengths, and organisational policies and procedures.
- Identify and support the person’s use of assistive technologies in meeting their individual needs.
- Provide physical assistance to the person to take pre-packaged medication, in accordance with written direction from a health professional.
- Respect and include the carer, family and others identified by the person as part of the support team.
- Provide support according to duty of care and dignity of risk considerations, maintaining the privacy of the person according to organisational policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance to maintain a safe and healthy environment that is comfortable for the person, according to organisational policies and procedures for infection control.
- Seek assistance from supervisor when it is not possible to provide required support.
- Monitor support activities.
- Monitor own work to ensure the required standard of support is maintained.
- Identify and respond to situations of potential or actual risk within scope of own job role and report to supervisor.
- Involve the person in discussions about how support services are meeting their needs, identifying requirement for change.
- Recognise signs of additional or unmet needs of the person and report and refer in accordance with organisational policies and procedures.
- Consult with the person to identify gaps in assistive technology needs and report according to organisational policies and procedures.
- Participate in discussion with the person and supervisor in a manner that supports the person’s self-determination and respects their rights, privacy and dignity.
- Complete reporting and documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of the person according to organisational policies and procedures.
- Comply with organisational reporting requirements, including reporting observations to supervisor.
- Complete, maintain and store documentation and reports according to organisational policies and procedures.