Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Identify individual skill development needs.
- Work with the person with disability to identify their skill development needs using a person-centred approach.
- Document identified skill development needs according to organisational policies and procedures.
- Identify skills development opportunities in collaboration with the person, their family, carer or others identified by the person, for inclusion in the individualised plan.
- Consult with the person to make referrals to other staff or specialist services according to the person’s needs.
- Plan person-centred, ongoing skill development.
- Use appropriate communication techniques to engage the person in identifying learning goals.
- Work with the person to identify learning strategies and opportunities to address their goals.
- Develop formal ongoing skills development activities using a person-centred approach in conjunction with the person with disability and colleagues.
- Document ongoing skills development in the person’s individualised plan according to organisational policies and procedures.
- Implement person-centred, ongoing skills development strategies.
- Work with the person with disability to implement ongoing skills development strategies in a manner that is respectful, motivating and empowering.
- Inform and support colleagues and others involved in service provision to implement person-centred ongoing skills development in line with the person’s individualised plan.
- Work with the person to facilitate access and utilise equipment and resources required to enable the learning process.
- Document outcomes in the person’s individualised plan according to organisational policies and procedures.
- Evaluate skills development and review plan.
- Monitor the person’s development and provide feedback to the person, their carer or others identified by the person regarding progress towards objectives and goals.
- Work with the person to evaluate effectiveness of ongoing skills development using the person’s records and update plan to meet changing needs of the person.
- Consult with the person to identify opportunities for ongoing skill development.
- Identify and implement incidental learning opportunities to enhance skills development.
- Work with the person to identify situations that can act as informal learning opportunities and encourage learning.
- Promptly provide constructive advice to the person with disability, their family, carer or others identified by the person in a format that can be understood.
- Provide encouragement when the person takes initiative in learning situations.
- Work with the person to adapt support to encourage experiential learning and development.