Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Evaluate and prioritise the needs of a person with complex support issues.
- Identify and prioritise the needs of the person, taking into account any co-existing issues.
- Work with the person within the scope of own job role and according to organisational policies and procedures to identify specific problems, issues and challenges they experience.
- Analyse and interpret data with assistance from health professionals and colleagues.
- Recognise the impact of complex support issues on the person’s family.
- Establish priorities for support with the person, their family, carer or others identified by the person.
- Develop an individualised plan to achieve maximum quality of life.
- Utilise best practice guidelines when working with people with disability to develop strategies to address complex and special needs.
- Liaise with relevant experts and health professionals when developing individualised plans.
- Discuss and establish goals with the person, their family, carer or others identified by the person.
- Work with the person to identify services and supports to meet their identified goals.
- Access and negotiate resources in order to deliver identified services and supports.
- Work with the person to facilitate access to community support agencies to achieve established goals.
- Coordinate the delivery of the individualised plan.
- Collaborate with supervisor to ensure services and support activities are undertaken by appropriately skilled workers.
- Recognise when a service or support worker is no longer able to provide the level of service required, incorporating feedback from the person with disability.
- Support the person with disability and all stakeholders involved in the service provision to understand the individualised plan and their roles and responsibilities within that plan.
- Coordinate the monitoring, evaluation and review of the individualised plan.
- Seek feedback from person with disability and all stakeholders when evaluating effectiveness of the individualised plan and re-prioritising support needs.
- Seek advice and assistance from supervisor when the person’s goals and needs are not being achieved.
- Contribute to necessary revisions of the individualised plan within the scope of own job role, organisational policies and procedures and in consultation with the person with disability, their family, carer or others identified by the person.