Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Receive delegation and gather information.
- Obtain written or verbal delegation for an allied health activity from the allied health professional.
- Obtain information from relevant sources and delegating allied health professional, according to organisational policy and procedures.
- Discuss and confirm with delegating allied health professional dietary requirements, therapy and treatment plans.
- Identify the nutrients and food group serves recommended for good health for individual groups.
- Categorise foods according to food groups, identifying key nutrients by each food group and individual foods within that group.
- Identify recommended serves of various food groups for individual group, in consultation with a dietitian.
- Plan and develop menus in accordance dietary and menu guidelines.
- Plan individual menus according to menu planning principles.
- Select food preparation and cooking methods in consultation with food production personnel to maintain maximum nutritional value of foods.
- Plan individual meals and menus to minimise nutrient imbalance, incorporating relevant dietary guidelines.
- Plan food group serves to meet the nutritional needs of individuals within persons groups.
- Discuss and confirm individual menu plans with the delegating dietitian.
- Identify food-related cultural and religious needs of individual groups.
- Identify individual group, use correct terminology and observe cultural customs.
- Consider cultural groups and general characteristics of their cuisine in individual menu planning.
- Identify dietary regimes and practices associated with cultural and religious groups that may influence food choices.
- Plan and modify individual meals and menus to meet specific cultural and religious needs of individual group in line with organisational and menu guidelines.
- Evaluate meals and menus.
- Follow processes defined by delegating dietitian to evaluate meals and menus to ensure they meet nutritional requirements of individual.
- Follow processes defined by delegating dietitian to evaluate meals and menus to ensure they meet cultural and religious needs of the person.
- Follow processes defined by dietitian to evaluate meals and menus to ensure persons satisfaction.
- Evaluate individual meals and menus to ensure feasibility of production in relation to equipment, time and skills as well as budgetary constraints.
- Make adjustments to individual persons menus according to findings and the delegating dietitian’s directions.