Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Receive delegation and gather information.
- Obtain written or verbal delegation for an allied health activity from the allied health professional.
- Obtain information from relevant sources and delegating allied health professional, according to organisational policy and procedures.
- Discuss and confirm with delegating dietitian individualised plan or dietary modification therapy.
- Identify conditions and specific needs of groups.
- Identify groups at risk of nutritional deficiencies and nutrient imbalance contributing to common lifestyle diseases and disorders.
- Identify dietary factors associated with common lifestyle diseases or diet related chronic diseases and other nutrition-related conditions, food intolerances, allergies.
- Identify therapeutic nutritional and dietary needs for conditions encountered by the individual group.
- Report dietary and nutrition issues and needs to delegating dietitian.
- Modify meals and menus according to individualised plan and standardised therapeutic dietary guidelines.
- Consult with dietitian to address the identified risks and needs of person.
- Modify meals and menus to meet the nutritional and dietary needs of the person in accordance with organisational procedures.
- Identify meals and menus for suitability for texture modification to meet nutrition and dietary needs.
- Incorporate choices into menus to meet nutritional requirements for special needs.
- Provide information regarding individualised plan to person and as delegated by dietitian or other allied health professional.
- Monitor and report on persons status and acceptance of individualised plan.
- Provide feedback about changes to, needs, food preferences and individualised plan to food services, to delegating dietitians, treating team or other health professionals as to organisational procedures.
- Report the acceptability, tolerance and consumption of meals by the person to the delegating dietitian, treating team or other health professional as to organisational procedures.
- Identify problems which may affect the person’s ability to eat or drink to the delegating dietitian, treating team or other health professional as to organisational procedures.
- Monitor and document persons nutrition status as delegated by dietitian and provide feedback on consistently poor meal choices as to organisational procedures.
- Monitor the nutrition status of the person using standard and validated tools and nutrition indicators.
- Report the progress of the persons nutrition status to the delegating dietitian, treating team or other health professional as to organisational procedures.