Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Receive delegation and gather information.
- Obtain written or verbal delegation for an allied health activity from the allied health professional.
- Obtain information from relevant sources and delegating allied health professional, according to organisational policy and procedures.
- Discuss and confirm with delegating allied health professional therapy, treatment plans and programs.
- Process persons menus or meal orders.
- Complete admissions records, transfers and discharges as to organisational procedures.
- Distribute menus to person, or use electronic meal ordering systems including supplements as to organisational procedures.
- Provide guidance to person, to ensure that meal choices are consistent with the individualised plan.
- Provide assistance to person with specific cultural or religious requirements in accordance with organisation guidelines and report issues beyond the scope of role to supervisor as to organisational procedures.
- Assist person to complete menus or meal orders ensuring they comply with individual and general meal guidelines in line with role.
- Record and provide feedback regarding food preferences and poor menu or meal choices to delegating dietitian or nurse.
- Assist foodservices and dietetics with meal checking and menu processing and Implement nutrition support services.
- Collate menus and meal orders and report menu items to designated areas for preparation.
- Provide information to support the delivery of menu items chosen by the person, according to organisational procedures.
- Confirm meal orders against the persons’ individualised plan as delegated by a dietitian, or other allied health professional.
- Prepare and deliver nutrition supplements.
- Prepare, supply and deliver nutrition supplements according to organisational procedures and delegating dietitian’s instructions.
- Discard out of date nutrition support items and information.
- Report any significant wastage in accordance with role and organisational requirements.
- Maintain the workplace in a clean and tidy order to meet workplace standards.
- Comply with personal hygiene standards and food safety program.
- Prepare nutrition supplements and provide support services according to the food safety program.
- Identify and report processes and practices that are not consistent with the food safety program.
- Take corrective action according to the food safety program and within scope of role.
- Comply with personal hygiene requirements of the food safety program.
- Report health conditions or illness according to the food safety program.
- Wear clothing and footwear for food handling tasks in accordance with the food safety program.
- Communicate changes in meal order, including meals for person receiving diet therapy or nutrition support.
- Document changes to person’s meal order, admissions, transfers or discharge.
- Process meal orders for food services.
- Provide information to support the delivery of chosen menu items to the food service.
- Monitor persons satisfaction with food services.
- Collect person satisfaction, using standard and validated tools.
- Regularly monitor overall levels and changes in persons satisfaction.
- Provide feedback regarding overall levels and changes in levels of satisfaction in accordance with organisational procedures.
- Use feedback from person to contribute to revision of menus in accordance with organisational procedures.