Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Receive delegated therapy activity.
- Obtain written or verbal delegation for an allied health activity from the allied health professional.
- Obtain information from relevant sources and delegating allied health professional, according to organisational policy and procedures.
- Discuss and confirm with delegating dietitian or allied health professional therapy, treatment plans and programs.
- Prepare for delegated therapy activity.
- Identify screening tools.
- Confirm the persons need for screening.
- Consult with relevant staff before conducting the screening.
- Explain purpose and process of screening to the person and ensure their understanding.
- Obtain required resources and equipment.
- Provide delegated therapy activity.
- Conduct screening using language and terminology suitable to the person.
- Seek assistance if required for participation.
- Complete screening tool according to organisational protocol.
- Use screening results to determine level of risk for person.
- Select nutrition support item or interventions based on risk assessment.
- Implement nutrition intervention in collaboration with food services.
- Seek persons feedback about the tolerance of the nutrition support intervention.
- Monitor intake according to organisations protocols.
- Seek assistance when person presents with needs or signs outside scope of role.
- Provide nutrition support services for at risk person as delegated by dietitian.
- Select nutrition support item or interventions.
- Implement nutrition intervention and communicate with food services.
- Process nutrition support requirements.
- Monitor intake according to organisational procedures.
- Provide feedback on screening and management of nutrition risk to treating health professionals.
- Document screening and management activity outcomes according to organisational procedures.
- Report persons difficulties and concerns to the delegating dietitian.
- Discuss screening and management outcomes with delegating allied health professional.
- Implement variations to the individualised plan as delegated by the dietitian.
- Assist in the maintenance of therapy equipment and resources.
- Clean equipment according to manufacturer’s requirements.
- Store materials and equipment according to manufacturer’s requirements and organisation procedures.
- Report equipment problems or faults in accordance with organisational procedures.