Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Receive delegation and gather information.
- Obtain written or verbal delegation for an allied health activity from the allied health professional.
- Obtain information from relevant sources and delegating allied health professional, according to organisational policy and procedures.
- Discuss and confirm with delegating dietitian educational requirements, process, timing, monitoring and evaluation.
- Organise resources for dietary education.
- Confirm details regarding persons indicators that may need to be considered with the delegating dietitian.
- Prepare educational materials and products as delegated by the dietitian.
- Develop or modify resources as delegated by the dietitian.
- Confirm materials and products are suitable for the person’s setting with the delegated dietitian.
- Determine persons availability.
- Assist with the provision of written dietary and nutrition information or education to the person.
- Confirm the purpose of the information or education, based on the individualised plan with the person.
- Support the person to make meal choices that are consistent with the individualised plan as delegated by the dietitian.
- Provide practical dietary education to support meal and food choices consistent with individualised plan.
- Use nutrition and dietetic resources and equipment.
- Seek feedback on the person’s understanding.
- Monitor persons response to the information or education.
- Monitor person according to individualised plan.
- Identify persons deviations from the individualised plan and report to delegating dietitian or allied health professional.
- Identify and report indicators requiring dietary intervention to the delegating dietitian in line with organisational procedures.
- Seek persons feedback on satisfaction with the dietetic service.
- Comply with supervisory requirements.
- Provide assistance as delegated by the dietitian.
- Provide feedback to the delegating dietitian regarding person’s progress.
- Seek assistance when person presents with needs or signs outside limits of scope of role.
- Report persons difficulties and concerns to the delegating dietitian.
- Implement variations to the education program and material as delegated by the dietitian.
- Clean and store materials and equipment.
- Clean equipment according to manufacturer’s requirements.
- Store educational materials and equipment according to manufacturer’s requirements and organisational procedures.
- Report equipment faults in accordance with organisational procedures.
- Report shortages of educational material in accordance with organisational procedures.
- Document persons information.
- Document and report information in line with organisational procedures.
- Document persons response to information or education in line with organisational procedures.
- Maintain persons records, according to organisational procedures.