Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Receive delegation and gather information.
- Obtain written or verbal delegation for an allied health activity from the allied health professional.
- Obtain information from relevant sources and delegating allied health professional, according to organisational policy and procedures.
- Discuss and confirm with delegating allied health professional the roles of health professionals within the multidisciplinary team.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Identify the range of support inputs required for the person’s rehabilitation, within scope of role.
- Identify the range of supervisory requirements associated with supporting the implementation of a person’s rehabilitation plan, in collaboration with delegating allied health professional.
- Clarify the nature of supervisory relationships with all professional workers.
- Clarify additional people to be included in communication regarding the implementation of a person’s rehabilitation plan.
- Provide feedback to members according to the rehabilitation plan, including observation of persons status and progress and feedback provided by the person or significant others.
- Provide holistic support to people within the context of the rehabilitation plan.
- Identify the range of service inputs required to support a person’s rehabilitation plan.
- Identify the interrelationship between a range of service inputs and other supports.
- Identify additional personal requirements outside the rehabilitation plan and discuss with the delegating allied health professional.
- Provide person with information to meet educational needs, according to the rehabilitation plan.
- Engage professional interpreters when required to support cultural and linguistic diversity.
- Address risk identification, hygiene and infection control issues in home care and community settings.
- Identify risks associated with working with the person in their home and community in accordance with local safety protocols.
- Develop and implement risk management plan in consultation with the delegating allied health professional and the person in accordance with local protocols and procedures.
- Maintain personal hygiene and dress standard according to infection control and organisational requirements.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) according to organisational requirements.
- Report or initiate action within own scope of role, to redress any workplace hazards.
- Document persons information.
- Document information relating to the rehabilitation program in line with organisational requirements.
- Provide regular feedback to the person’s care team.
- Document the person’s progress, including any barriers or challenges to the rehabilitation plan.