Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Receive delegation and gather information.
- Obtain written or verbal delegation for an allied health activity from the allied health professional.
- Obtain information from relevant sources and delegating allied health professional, according to organisational policy and procedures.
- Discuss and confirm with delegating allied health professional consultations and preparation of equipment and resource required.
- Contribute to set-up for medical imaging.
- Prepare and tidy examination room.
- Check equipment to manufacturers requirements for wear and damage and report as to organisational protocol.
- Turn on equipment.
- Check batteries charge and inserted into imaging detector plates as to manufacturers requirements.
- Refill medical imaging paper printer and film printer.
- Check Radiology Information System (RIS).
- Safely transport mobile X-ray and ultrasound equipment.
- Clean medical imaging equipment and environment within scope of role.
- Clean medical imaging equipment according to manufacturer’s requirements as delegated by the medical imaging professional.
- Clean and document examination rooms in accordance with infection control requirements and organisational procedures.
- Maintain a tidy and clean medical imaging environment.
- Dispose of cleaning materials and other waste in accordance with manufacturers requirements and organisational guidelines.
- Maintain medical imaging stock.
- Maintain levels of disposable stock according to organisational procedures.
- Monitor medical imaging supplies and order where necessary.
- Maintain stocks of clean linen.
- Monitor oxygen cylinders and order as to organisational procedures.
- Provide support for the imaging process.
- Assist with persons transfers and movement using relevant lifting procedures and infection control requirements to ensure self and persons safety as delegated by the medical imaging professional.
- Confirm with person pre-existing conditions that may be affected by X-ray or procedure and report concerns to the delegated by the medical imaging professional.
- Assist person with needs during the medical imaging process as delegated by the medical imaging professional.
- Ensure own actions do not compromise sterile field.
- Work safely in a medical radiation environment.
- Ensure individual and support persons are aware of dangers associated with magnetic fields and X-rays.
- Comply with safety signs, radiation protection principles and organisation’s radiation management plan in the medical imaging environment.
- Wear personal protective equipment and personal monitoring in the medical imaging environment.
- Report and document any concerns about radiation safety according to organisation procedures.