Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Assess situation in relation to safe access and egress.
- Survey scene and assess condition of patient in relation to procedures necessary for safe removal of patient.
- View situation to identify and mitigate dangers according to established clinical guidelines/protocols.
- Identify accurately obstacles impacting safe access and egress.
- Formulate access and egress plan based on an assessment of all factors associated with the situation or incident in line with Commonwealth legislation, State/Territory legislation and emergency management arrangements.
- Identify additional resources (including specialised knowledge, workers or equipment) based on an assessment of all factors associated with the situation or incident, and with patient and worker welfare as the prime concern.
- Implement procedure to enable safe access and egress.
- Request or arrange for additional or specialised workers and equipment according to the assessed need.
- Implement access and egress plan using equipment and workers necessary to ensure safe access and egress, and patient welfare.
- Negotiate and maintain means of safe access and egress according to relevant Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation including workplace health and safety Acts, and according to established clinical guidelines/protocols.
- Ensure actions are according to established clinical guidelines/protocols.
- Use available resources in an appropriate manner to achieve safe access and egress, and patient welfare.
- Evaluate access and egress procedure in an emergency situation.
- Monitor progress of access and egress constantly to ensure welfare of the patient and safety of workers.
- Communicate with patient and monitor their welfare, condition and any other factors impacting the safe movement of the patient.
- Modify access and egress plan as necessary to ensure safety and the welfare of the patient.
- Identify and arrange for additional resources as necessary to complete procedure.
- Address barriers to safe access and egress as they arise.