Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Develop and maintain Telehealth networks.
- Establish and maintain Telehealth networks using communication skills to develop trust and confidence with diverse people and groups.
- Use, update and share Telehealth service provider information with health professionals and other colleagues.
- Develop and refine approaches to Telehealth service provision by pro-actively identifying and using opportunities to update and expand own knowledge.
- Maintain compliance with ethical and legal requirements.
- Determine risks associated with the sharing of information on Telehealth platforms.
- Ensure collection, use and disclosure of patient information is consistent with information privacy principles and fulfilling duty of confidentiality in line with workplace policies and accreditation standards.
- Recognise and respect patient rights, care and safety in line with organisation policy and duty of regarding all aspects of the Telehealth service.
- Perform all work within the boundaries of responsibility and refer problems to supervisor or other appropriate health professional.
- Support Telehealth service provision.
- Ensure referral or request is received and reason for referral or clinical requirements are clearly identified.
- Contact service providers and organise care as requested by an authorised health professional according to organisational policies and procedures.
- Coordinate information and information flow to meet consultation requirements.
- Identify and respond promptly to routine administrative Telehealth service problems.
- Pro-actively support colleagues with Telehealth services, share information and provide accurate information in response to queries.
- Complete Telehealth administration.
- Manage appointments, recall and reminder systems for Telehealth as per instructions provided by an authorised health professional.
- Complete Telehealth financial administration tasks according to billing systems and specific Telehealth requirements.
- Maintain client documentation according to organisational and compliance requirements.
- Contribute to evaluation of Telehealth services.
- Measure and benchmark performance using agreed methods and tools.
- Monitor and evaluate Telehealth systems and promote risk reduction strategies in line with legal and ethical standards.
- Promote compliance with accreditation requirements related to Telehealth.
- Implement and evaluate change in conjunction with colleagues to ensure goals are achieved.