Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Develop commitment and shared purpose to work group objectives and required standards
- Discuss and clarify the organisation’s vision, strategic objectives and required standards of performance with others in accordance with the needs, communication and learning styles of workgroup members.
- Establish the purpose, objectives, roles and responsibilities of the workgroup.
- Model commitment to objectives and standards to provide leadership and develop workgroup commitment.
- Model and promote equal employment opportunity, workplace health and safety, diversity management and participative work practices within the workgroup.
- Facilitate the development of a cooperative, high performance workgroup
- Encourage, acknowledge and consider work contributions and suggestions.
- Support workgroup members to use, share and develop their skills according to work requirements.
- Facilitate work allocation within the group on the basis of current skills and development needs.
- Consult with workgroup members in the implementation of new work practices.
- Resolve conflict and other issues which affect performance within the workgroup.
- Give and receive feedback on performance
- Seek feedback from others outside the workgroup on personal and workgroup performance and give open and constructive responses to feedback.
- Gather and provide regular constructive feedback on all aspects of work performance from and to the workgroup.
- Assess and address performance, and recognise notable performance.
- Support the workgroup in identifying and resolving work performance problems.
- Address under performance of self and others.
- Use feedback to continuously improve performance.
- Coordinate and participate in development activities
- Develop, agree and implement an action plan to meet individual and group learning and development needs.
- Support individuals to identify their specific learning and development needs.
- Encourage and support workgroup members to take advantage of development opportunities.
- Provide on-the-job learning opportunities in accordance with individual needs.
- Encourage and support workgroup members in applying new skills and knowledge in the workplace.
- Access learning and development opportunities to continuously improve own leadership needs.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance in the workgroup
- Develop strategies for facilitating team member input into planning, decision making and operational aspects of team tasks.
- Use participative decision making in developing, implementing and reviewing the work of the group and the distribution of responsibilities.
- Give opportunities and encouragement to workgroup members to develop new and innovative work practices and strategies.
- Provide workgroup members with the leadership, support, advice and policy direction necessary to perform work.
- Allocate tasks in accordance with the competencies of workgroup members, and delegate autonomy and authority.
- Adjust leadership and guidance strategies to meet changing priorities and situations and consider the differing needs and skills of individuals and the requirements of the tasks and workplace.