Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Provide a model of innovative practice
- Promote and reinforce the value placed on leadership and innovation by the organisation.
- Identify and share within workgroups effective leadership styles and the benefits of innovative work practices.
- Identify leaders who demonstrate a range of leadership styles and provide workgroup members with opportunities to learn from them.
- Model and encourage innovative work practices in the workgroup.
- Identify and address barriers to innovation with the workgroup.
- Organise workgroups to develop innovation and leadership
- Analyse performance requirements for the workgroup.
- Gather information about workgroup members.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of individual workgroup members in a manner that takes account of cultural and individual differences.
- Assign workgroup roles to match individual capacities and leadership styles.
- Assign workgroup members in a manner that fosters sharing of ideas.
- Organise work assignments to facilitate innovation
- Structure and allocate work to support innovation.
- Communicate work assignments to workgroup members in ways that encourage and reinforce group based innovation.
- Allocate tasks and activities to ensure the best use of workgroup skills.
- Include timeframes and resources that allow for innovation in work assignments.
- Support workgroup to develop leadership and innovation
- Encourage workgroup members to work collaboratively on work assignments and in their day to day work.
- Encourage workgroup members to seek external stimuli and knowledge and to set up and maintain networks that support the development of leadership and innovation.
- Provide guidance to workgroup members on the use of innovation skills in ways suited to their current knowledge and experience.
- Encourage workgroup members to take a leadership role at different times throughout work assignments in accordance with their strengths or development needs.
- Coach workgroup members to ensure they have the skills to underpin the development of leadership and innovation skills.
- Monitor innovation and leadership development
- Encourage workgroup members to reflect on activities and opportunities for innovation.
- Evaluate workgroup activities based on feedback.
- Encourage and implement suggestions for work improvements made by workgroup.
- Record and present reviews of the application of innovation and leadership skills.
- Review the development process and discuss and analyse outcomes constructively.
- Provide feedback on innovation and leadership development
- Discuss and use feedback from review processes to inform future innovation and leadership planning.
- Acknowledge different leadership styles and their value in providing inspiration or closure at various points in the innovative process.
- Celebrate successful innovations.
- Discuss and resolve problems in the use of innovation skills.