Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Conduct workforce analysis
- Apply in depth analysis of current workforce practices, numbers, deployment, diversity and competencies to provide a baseline for workforce planning and management.
- Analyse workforce data and benchmark against comparable data, identify trends and suggest interventions to address developments that do not support organisational strategic or business directions.
- Undertake labour market and industry analysis to identify factors and trends that may impact on the organisation and the implications of these for workforce planning and management.
- Use scenario planning or other forecasting tools to predict and assess likely futures for the organisation with their associated implications and risks.
- Promote the use of workforce analysis in decision making processes
- Present the results of workforce analysis in objective and unbiased terms, in a form and language suitable for the intended audience.
- Collaborate with business partners and colleagues to ensure that workforce analysis is meaningful in the context of organisation objectives.
- Evaluate and report on the application of workforce analysis in decision making processes related to future workforce requirements.
- Identify where improvements in workforce analysis would strengthen its application in implementing workforce planning.
- Communicate the critical role of succession planning in managing organisational intellectual capital.
- Develop workforce planning tools
- Use workforce analysis to inform information and advice provided to managers on all aspects of workforce planning including succession management.
- Develop and provide workforce planning tools to managers and give assistance in their use.
- Identify issues and recommend solutions for current and future workforce planning and management issues.
- Collaborate with business partners to facilitate effective workforce planning
- Provide consultancy services to develop the human resource aspects of organisational and business unit plans to ensure the future needs and objectives are addressed.
- Encourage managers to question current work practices and structures in preparing workforce plans.
- Evaluate and review workforce planning
- Report on workforce planning processes according to organisation policies and procedures.
- Incorporate feedback from business unit partners and colleagues to identify where improvements can be made.
- Develop and implement changes.