Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Plan and coordinate inspection and monitoring programs
- Identify outputs and performance indicators for defined area of responsibility and assign inspection and monitoring activities and responsibilities.
- Determine procedures, timeframes, resources and equipment requirements for defined area of responsibility.
- Make required resources available and supervise their access and/or preparation.
- Interpret legislation and regulations and provide input into technical protocols and operational procedures.
- Interpret and explain risk management practices, workplace health and safety and environmental requirements to staff.
- Supervise and carry out complex inspections and monitoring
- Provide leadership to deliver agreed outputs.
- Plan and supervise inspections and monitoring activities and monitor program performance, resources and expenditure.
- Plan, implement and coordinate compliance programs in accordance with set procedures and timelines.
- Conduct assessments and performance management of inspection and monitoring staff.
- Carry out complex inspections and monitoring under general direction and deal with contingencies.
- Apply legislative requirements, risk management practices, workplace health and safety and environmental requirements.
- Act on non-compliance relating to complex inspections and monitoring
- Provide advice on serious or complex matters referred by others.
- Provide information and/or education to achieve client compliance in line with the seriousness of the possible breach.
- Take further action as a result of the failure to achieve compliance in line with the seriousness of the possible breach.
- Report contraventions of relevant legislation and make recommendations for prosecutions.
- Fulfil court attendance and conduct requirements.
- Provide reports, information and training
- Maintain records and prepare correspondence, submissions and reports.
- Interpret legislation and regulations and provide information and advice on policies, procedures, guidelines, technical and operational matters.
- Supervise and provide on-the-job inspection and/or monitoring training.