Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Conduct initial assessment of situation
- Identify type of investigation or situation.
- Assess situations with regard to personal safety and the safety of others and put safeguards in place.
- Contact persons involved.
- Establish and maintain integrity of situation.
- Initiate and conduct investigations
- Issue instructions to persons involved.
- Identify and access resources required before conducting the investigation.
- Examine the situation
- Record details of the situation and all those involved in possible breach.
- Locate, collect, package, record, label and store potential evidence to ensure preservation of integrity of evidence and for further examination in line with the rules of evidence.
- Document the reasons and justification if no breach has occurred or no action is to be taken.
- Recommend appropriate action if breach is confirmed, within the officer’s discretion.
- Maintain record of evidence.
- Identify potential witnesses and record initial statements
- Identify potential witnesses and record their details.
- Take statements.
- Assess investigation material and gathered information
- Review information and evidence gathered against legislation and other relevant material.
- Evaluate information and evidence relevance and strength of proof.
- Identify, prioritise and schedule further proofs for action.
- Obtain further evidence when required.
- Conduct formal interviews
- Conduct interview.
- Review and clarify information to ensure its relevance and sufficiency prior to concluding the interview.
- Complete a record of the interview.
- Complete investigation report
- Compile report.
- Forward report to appropriate personnel for review and action.
- Gather and compile additional information and evidence identified in report.
- Forward final report through appropriate channels for processing.