Maintain clean facilities
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to maintain the cleanliness of facilities through regular checks and by cleaning facility areas.
This unit applies to any type of sport, fitness, aquatic or recreation organisation including commercial, not-for-profit, community and government organisations. It can be applied to any type of facility.
It applies to individuals working in a range of sport, fitness, aquatic or recreation roles at different levels of responsibility, but usually to those who work under supervision.
The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State or Territory legislation, Australian standards and industry codes of practice.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Check on facility areas.
- Complete regular facility checks according to organisational schedules.
- Identify, treat and report hazards according to organisational safety procedures.
- Remove waste and organise immediate cleaning of area, as needed.
- Identify, retrieve and record lost property according to organisational procedures.
- Clean facility areas.
- Complete cleaning of facility areas according to organisational schedules and safety practices.
- Erect signs and barriers to isolate work area and maintain staff and patron safety.
- Select and use personal protective equipment suitable for the cleaning task, and handle cleaning agents safely.
- Use equipment, cleaning agents and cloths suitable for specific areas, surfaces and equipment.
- Check and replenish consumables according to organisational standards.
- Clean and store cleaning equipment, store cleaning agents, and secure storage area.
- Complete cleaning records according to organisational procedures.
- Organise supply of cleaning materials.
- Check cleaning supplies regularly for quantity, quality and expiry date.
- Dispose of expired supplies safely and according to manufacturer instructions.
- Order supplies to meet anticipated demand and according to organisational procedures.
Foundation skills essential to performance in this unit, but not explicit in the performance criteria are listed here, along with a brief context statement.
Reading skills to:
- interpret detailed familiar organisational procedures and schedules for inspecting and maintaining clean premises response
Writing skills to:
- use fundamental sentence structure to complete basic forms and reports that require factual information.
Numeracy skills to:
- complete basic calculations involving ratios to dilute cleaning chemicals
- complete basic calculations involving addition and multiplication for determining required supplies.
UNIT MAPPING INFORMATION
Supersedes and is not equivalent to SISXFAC002 Maintain sport, fitness and recreation facilities
Companion Volume Implementation Guide