Other Projects & Case Studies
Children’s Education and Care Training Package Development: AISC Decision
SkillsIQ, under the direction of the Children’s Education and Care Industry Reference Committee (IRC) and a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), is undertaking an update of the Training Package Products in the Children’s Education and Care sector. These include qualifications relating to Early Childhood Education, School Age Care and Education Support.
This update will address the outcomes of the ASQA strategic review and update the Training Package Products to response to the Case for Change findings. It will also action input received in response to Children's Education and Care consultation papers and ensure revised Training Package Products reflect current industry skills needs.
This review continues on from previous work regarding the 2015 Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) strategic review, Training for early childhood education and care in Australia. The ASQA findings and broader issues relate to the Children’s Education and Care Qualifications and Units of Competency contained in the CHC Training Package.
The following six Qualifications and associated 65 Units of Competency in the Children’s Education and Care Sector are currently under review:
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC40113 Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care
- CHC50213 Diploma of School Aged Education and Care
- CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support
- CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support.
We thank everyone who has submitted material and attended workshops to inform this project to date.
This project is being directed by the Children's Education and Care IRC. The membership of this IRC is as follows:
A Technical Advisory Committee has also been convened to provide information and support the progress of this project. The TAC membership is as follows:
Project Status -AISC Decision
The AISC considered the proposed training package update at its meeting on the 23rd February 2021. There remains some work to be done in relation to finalising this project and the AISC decision is summarised as follows –
In-principle approval of four qualifications:
- CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50221 Diploma of School Age Education and Care
- CHC30221 Certificate III in School Based Education Support
- CHC40221 Certificate IV in School Based Education Support.