This update will address the outcomes of the ASQA strategic review and update training package products to respond to Case for Change findings, action input received in response to Children’s Education and Care consultation paper and ensure revised products reflect current industry skills needs.
This review continues from previous work in response to the 2015 Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) strategic review, Training for early childhood education and care in Australia. The ASQA findings and broader issues relate to the children’s education and care qualifications and units of competency contained in the CHC Training Package.
The following six qualifications and associated 65 units of competency in the Children’s Education and Care Sector are currently under review:
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC40113 Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care
- CHC50213 Diploma of School Aged Education and Care
- CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support
- CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support
Draft 1 Training Package Products are available for public consultation on the SkillsIQ online Feedback Forum until the 14 February 2018.
To access the Feedback Forum and provide feedback, please click here
Key issues include:
- Clarity of assessment requirements
- Regional and remote communities and Budget-Based Funded Services
- Scope of work roles
- Entry requirements for qualifications in early childhood education and care
- Workplace hours
- Skills and knowledge needing more emphasis
SkillsIQ will be undertaking a number of key activities to engage with stakeholders, share feedback and inform the update of the Training Package Products. For further information, please contact:
(02) 9392 8100