SkillsIQ, on behalf of the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC), has embarked on an exciting project to better understand the skills needs of a range of stakeholders and industries in relation to consumer engagement via online and social media.
This project is one of eight cross-sector projects which the AISC has commissioned for the development of generic Training Package products to strategically address common skills needs identified in Industry Skills Forecasts.
During 2017, SkillsIQ undertook an extensive multi-channel consultation (Phase 1) to gather views and feedback to identify the common skills needs of industries in relation to consumer engagement through online and social media. It involved:
Note:* A Project Reference Group (PRG) was established at the outset of the project and represents a broad range of Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) to ensure that all feedback and expert advice collected was inclusive and representative of industries across Australia.
The key findings of Phase 1 focussed on identifying:
- Current and emerging trends in relation to consumer engagement via online and social media in multiple industries
- Current and emerging demand for skills in multiple industries and skills shortage experiences
- Areas of commonality where Training Package products could address skills needs across more than one industry sector
- Benefits and implications of implementing standard units (applicable to all Training Packages) relating to online and social media engagement skills.
The findings of the project’s research and consultation phases are available in the Final Case for Change: Consumer Engagement via Online & Social Media (Cross-Sector Project). It provides:
- An overview of the consultation findings, including skills needs for conducting online and social media engagement
- Proposed changes for modernising Training Package products in context to online and social media engagement skills.
To access the Final Case for Change, please click here
A briefing paper, summarising the key findings of the consultation and the recommendations being put forward is also available, please click here
Project Status – Training Package Product development
SkillsIQ is pleased to embark on Phase 2 of this project which involves drafting new Units of Competency to address key skills needs and gaps identified in Phase 1. The eight topics areas to cover in the new units are:
1. Use ICT in the workplace
2. Identify online and social media tools
3. Review and evaluate online analytics
4. Use online and social media tools
5. Manage online and social media tools
6. Develop and launch a basic website
7. Risk management for online and social media use
8. Ethical use of online and social media.
Please refer to this page for future updates regarding public consultations, activities and timings on draft versions of new Units of Competency, as well as other general project developments.
For further information please contact Silvia at SkillsIQ via Silvia.Munoz@skillsiq.com.au or on (02) 9392 8100.