SkillsIQ, on behalf of the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC), has embarked upon a cross-sector project to identify the common skills needs of industries in relation to consumer engagement through online and social media to inform the update and/or development of future Training Package Products and ensure skills training is in line with workforce needs.
This project is one of nine cross-sector projects which the AISC has commissioned for the development of generic Training Package products, in order to strategically address common skills needs identified in Industry Skills Forecasts.
Over the past twelve months, SkillsIQ has undertaken an extensive multi-channel consultation (Phase 1) to gather views and feedback to identify the common skills needs of industries in relation to consumer engagement through online & social media. It has involved:
Note:* A Project Reference Group (PRG) was established at the outset of the project and represents a broad range of Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) to ensure that all feedback and expert advice collected has been inclusive and representative of industries across Australia.
The findings of the project's research and consultation phases are available in the Final Case for Change: Consumer Engagement via Online & Social Media (Cross-Sector Project). It provides:
- An overview of the consultation findings, including skills needs for conducting online and social media engagement
- Proposed changes for modernising Training Package Products in the context of online and social media engagement skills.
To access the Final Case for Change, please CLICK HERE.
A briefing paper summarising the key findings of the consultation and the recommendations being put forward is also available. To access it, please CLICK HERE.
Project Status - National consultation on Draft 1 is closed. Feedback is being reviewed for Draft 2 development.
National consultation on Draft 1 of the following Training Package Products closed on Monday, 3 December 2018.
Units of Competency
Note:* For the purpose of drafting, interim code have been assigned.
- OSM001 Use information and computer technology
- OSM002 Identify social media and online platforms
- OSM003 Maintain ethical and professional standards when working online
- OSM004 Use social media and online tools
- OSM005 Analyse performance of social media and online business tools
- OSM006 Develop a basic website
- OSM007 Develop and manage social media and online strategies
- OSM008 Manage risk to organisational reputation in an online setting.
- Introduction to social media and online business tools Skill Set
- Basic social media implementation Skill Set
- Engage customers through social media and online presence Skill Set
- Develop an online presence for customer engagement Skill Set.
Please CLICK HERE to access Draft 1 documents, including a consultation guide.
Consultation Activities and Timelines
Throughout the consultation period SkillsIQ undertook a number of activities to engage industry stakeholders and Vocational Education and Training (VET) professionals to gather feedback. A series of webinars, national consultation forums, and stakeholder interviews were conducted.
- Friday, 2 November 2018 1.00pm - 2.00pm (AEDT) - Closed
- Monday, 5 November 2018 4.00pm - 5.00pm (AEDT) - Closed
- Tuesday, 6 November 2018 9.30am - 10.30am (AEDT) - Closed
- Wednesday, 7 November 2018 1.00pm - 2.00pm (AEDT) - Closed
- Thursday, 15 November 2018 10.00am - 11.00am (AEDT) - Closed
- Thursday, 8 November 2018 12.00pm - 1.30pm Brisbane - Closed
- Friday, 9 November 2018 12.00pm - 1.30pm Sydney - Closed
- Tuesday, 13 November 2018 10.00am - 11.30am Hobart - Closed
- Wednesday, 14 November 2018 10.00am - 11.30am Melbourne - Closed
- Friday, 16 November 2018 11.00am - 12.30pm Adelaide - Closed
- Monday, 19 November 2018 10.00am - 11.30am Perth - Closed
- Wednesday, 21 November 2018 10.00am - 11.30am Darwin - Closed
Please refer to this page for future updates regarding the project.
For further information please contact Silvia Munoz (Head of Research) at SkillsIQ via Silvia.Munoz@skillsiq.com.au or on (02) 9392 8100.