SkillsIQ, on behalf of the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC), has embarked upon a cross-sector project to identify the common skills needs of industries in relation to consumer engagement through online and social media to inform the update and/or development of future Training Package Products and ensure skills training is in line with workforce needs.
This project is one of eight cross-sector projects which the AISC has commissioned for the development of generic Training Package Products, in order to strategically address common skills needs identified in Industry Skills Forecasts. Please refer to the AISC website for a list of the eight cross-sector areas: https://www.aisc.net.au/content/cross-sector-projects.
Over the past twelve months, SkillsIQ has undertaken an extensive multi-channel consultation (Phase 1) to gather views and feedback to identify the common skills needs of industries in relation to consumer engagement through online & social media. It has involved:
Note:* A Project Reference Group (PRG) was established at the outset of the project and represents a broad range of Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) to ensure that all feedback and expert advice collected has been inclusive and representative of industries across Australia.
The findings of the project's research and consultation phases are available in the Final Case for Change: Consumer Engagement via Online & Social Media (Cross-Sector Project). It provides:
- An overview of the consultation findings, including skills needs for conducting online and social media engagement
- Proposed changes for modernising Training Package Products in the context of online and social media engagement skills.
To access the Final Case for Change, please CLICK HERE.
A briefing paper summarising the key findings of the consultation and the recommendations being put forward is also available. To access it, please CLICK HERE.
To take forward Training Package Product development work, a Project Reference Group (PRG) was appointed representing members from the following Industry Reference Committees (IRCs):
This cross-sector project, and the respective suite of Training Package Products, has been allocated by the AISC to the Wholesale and Retail Industry Reference Committee (IRC) as lead IRC.
Project Status - Validation of Draft 2 is now closed
National validation of Draft 2 closed at 5.00pm on Friday, 5 April 2019.
After conducting an extensive multi-channel consultation, new Units of Competency and Skill Sets were developed to meet skills gaps confirmed by industries in Phase 1. Consultation on Draft 1 versions was closed in early December 2018 and as a result of the feedback received, a number of amendments were made to action the development of Draft 2.
The Draft 2 validation period sought feedback on:
Seven Units of Competency
Note: For the purpose of drafting, interim Unit codes have been assigned.
- OSM001 Identify social media and online platforms
- OSM002 Maintain ethical and professional standards when using social media and online platforms
- OSM003 Use social media and online tools
- OSM004 Analyse performance of social media and online business tools
- OSM005 Develop a basic website for customer engagement
- OSM006 Develop and manage social media and online strategies
- OSM007 Manage risk to organisational reputation in an online setting.
Four Skill Sets
- Understand the use of social media for business purposes Skill Set
- Implement social media and online customer engagement Skill Set
- Manage and implement social media and online customer engagement Skill Set
- Develop an online presence for customer engagement Skill Set.
Please CLICK HERE to access Draft 2 documents, including a Validation Guide.
SkillsIQ undertook a number of webinars to engage industry stakeholders and VET professionals, and to provide background information to participants regarding both Draft 1 feedback and Draft 2 development.
- Monday, 18 March 2019 12.00pm - 12.45pm (AEDT) - closed
- Tuesday, 19 March 2019 11.00am - 11.45am (AEDT) - closed
- Wednesday, 20 March 2019 4.00pm - 4.45pm (AEDT) - closed
- Friday, 22 March 2019 11.00am - 11.45am (AEDT) - closed
- Monday, 25 March 2019 3.00pm - 3.45pm (AEDT - closed
Figure 1: Stages of Training Package Product development - cross-sector project relating to Consumer Engagement via Online & Social Media.
For further information please contact SkillsIQ via email@example.com or on (02) 9392 8100.