Skills must be demonstrated in the workplace or in a simulated environment that reflects workplace conditions:
- provision of support to students must be directly observed by the assessor on at least one occasion
- remaining performance evidence may be collected through authenticated third-party reports
- observation and third-party reports must be supplemented by other forms of evidence.
Simulated assessment environments must simulate the real-life working environment where the skills and knowledge within this unit would be utilised, with all the relevant equipment and resources of that working environment.
Skills related to documentation and evaluation may be demonstrated outside of the workplace.
Skills related to reflection may be demonstrated outside of the workplace.
Interactions with students must be supervised by a teacher or other educational professional.
Assessment must ensure access to:
- organisational policies and procedures
- students in a school
- colleagues for guidance and collaboration.
Assessors must satisfy the Standards for Registered Training Organisations requirements for assessors.