Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Explore the needs of the child and family with parent/s.
- Work collaboratively with families to identify needs of the child and family.
- Gather sufficient information about needs from a range of sources to enable decisions to be made
- Determine needs in relation to additional interventions or crisis support using a process of critical reflection.
- Treat and document information according to service procedures and legislative requirements.
- Show and communicate respect for a parent’s decision not to share information about their family.
- Demonstrate respect for the family and their child rearing practices in all communications.
- Provide information about the service and discuss issues with parent/s.
- Provide accurate and comprehensive information about the service and service system to parent/s using appropriate language and other communication aids.
- Clearly explain parents’ rights and responsibilities in relation to service policies.
- Sensitively communicate with parent/s about any issues relating to their child.
- Make appropriate referrals and provide required information regarding other services as required.
- Facilitate interventions.
- Implement intervention and/or crisis support procedures according to service policy and procedures.
- Monitor intervention and support services in consultation with family and adjust and document approaches to support ongoing satisfaction and positive outcomes.
- Identify and collaborate with other relevant services and professionals that may assist the family.
- Review service provision with family members.
- Identify and use opportunities to seek feedback from parents and act upon it appropriately.
- Review agreement for service with the family using communication methods suited to the situation.
- Support family members to follow service guidelines according to policy and procedures.
- Explore and negotiate issues and concerns identified by parent/s through collaboration.