Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Prepare for cleaning.
- Wear personal protective equipment in accordance with workplace requirements.
- Check and set up cleaning equipment in accordance with manufacturer guidelines and organisational procedures.
- Select cleaning agents and prepare in accordance with manufacturer safety guidelines and organisational procedures.
- Barricade work site and install signs to isolate area being cleaned.
- Clean and maintain surfaces in clinical areas.
- Identify surface type and texture and select cleaning equipment, agent and methods.
- Clean surfaces and dry in accordance with organisational procedures.
- Ensure maintenance of cleaning standards.
- Maintain the cleanliness wet areas.
- Clean unit or location to achieve a low bacteria condition as required by organisational.
- Ensure surfaces and areas are regularly cleaned in accordance with the organisation established cleaning schedules and routines.
- Follow all infection control procedures to minimise cross-contamination.
- Manage waste.
- Assess all waste for risks and handle in accordance with relevant organisational workplace health and safety (WHS) requirements.
- Remove waste to maintain a clean and tidy area and avoid build-up of unpleasant odours according to established procedures.
- Spot clean waste receptacles and replace soiled liners to minimise build-up of odour.
- Store equipment and cleaning agents safely.
- Clean and dry equipment before storage.
- Store cleaning agents in accordance with manufacturer instructions and organisational policy.