Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Respond to scene as first crew.
- Provide initial SITREP using organisational procedures that enables the declaration of an incident.
- Park vehicle as near to the scene as safety permits and establish command post.
- Allocate roles of initial Commander and initial Triage Officer (Clinician).
- Don appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Undertake role of Initial Commander.
- Take charge of ambulance activities at incident scene in accordance with organisational policies and procedures.
- Conduct scene assessment as soon as possible.
- Establish and maintain communications with control centre and Primary Triage Officer.
- Liaise with other emergency agency commanders at the scene.
- Identify the need for additional ambulance resources and equipment.
- Document key information and decisions.
- Handover all relevant information to Forward Command on their arrival.
- Undertake role of Primary Triage Officer.
- Coordinate the triage sieve of casualties at the incident site in accordance with organisational policies and procedures.
- Provide estimate of casualty numbers.
- Use appropriate triage sieve to tag patients according to priority/severity of injury.
- Ensure only life-saving treatment is performed.
- Encourage bystanders to assist with basic casualty treatment.
- Respond to scene as additional resource.
- Proceed to incident as directed by control centre.
- Park vehicle in designated ambulance parking area.
- Don appropriate PPE.
- Take equipment to the scene.
- Report to the Ambulance Commander.
- Undertake tasks as delegated by Ambulance and in accordance with organisational policies and procedures.
- Use appropriate communication.
- Participate in debrief.
- Participate in debriefing in accordance with organisational policies and procedures.