Skills must be demonstrated working individually in an environment that provides realistic in-depth, industry-validated scenarios and simulations to assess candidates’ skills and knowledge.
Due to the nature of this type of training, it is acceptable for the performance evidence to be collected in a simulated environment.
Compression and ventilation skills must be demonstrated on resuscitation manikins in line with ARC guidelines for the purpose of assessment of CPR procedures.
Assessment must ensure access to:
- Adult or child resuscitation manikins in line with ARC guidelines for the purpose of assessment of CPR procedures
- Infant resuscitation manikins in line with ARC guidelines for the purpose of assessment of CPR procedures
- AED training device.
Simulated assessment environments must simulate the real-life working environment where these skills and knowledge would be performed, with all the relevant equipment and resources of that working environment.
Assessors must satisfy the Standards for Registered Training Organisations’ requirements for assessors, and:
- hold one of the following or equivalent units:
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide first aid in an education and care setting
- HLTAID013 Provide first aid in remote situations
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation.