Foundation skills essential to performance in this unit, but not explicit in the performance criteria are listed here, along with a brief context statement.
Reading skills to:
- interpret and follow sometimes unfamiliar documents.
Writing skills to:
- document objective and factual information in logs, reports and organisation data storage systems.
Oral communication skills to:
- communicate with diverse audiences, conveying sometimes complex information orally.
Problem-solving skills to:
- identify issues and implement corrective actions where appropriate.
Initiative and enterprise skills to:
- adapts personal communication style to show respect for the values, beliefs and cultural expectations of others to resolve and de-escalate conflict.
Teamwork skills to:
- collaborate with other colleagues and teams in the conduct of patrol activities.
Self-management skills to:
- review critical and non-critical decisions made during patrol activities.
Technology skills to:
- set up and use technology to capture audio, visual or photographic evidence.
UNIT MAPPING INFORMATION
Release 1: Supersedes and is equivalent to PSPBDR001.
Companion Volume Implementation Guide