Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
- Source information on the general impacts of social media.
- Access and interpret information about the positive and negative impacts of social media.
- Evaluate the terms of service associated with social media platforms.
- Determine how online harassment can occur via organisational sites and who may be targeted.
- Determine how social media platforms share user information and identify impacts on users.
- Evaluate ways to avoid negative impacts on users of organisational social media sites.
- Comply with industry and organisational codes of conduct for online activities.
- Obtain codes of conduct and seek advice from relevant personnel on applicability to organisation.
- Identify organisational online code of conduct and determine applicability to own job role.
- Determine reasons for and scope of industry and organisational codes of conduct.
- Evaluate contents of codes of conduct and significance to own personal and work based online behaviours and communications.
- Clarify requirements of codes with relevant personnel to ensure understanding and compliance.
- Act according to professional values and principles outlined in codes, seeking advice when difficulties arise.
- Maintain personal online presence consistent with organisational requirements.
- Determine differences between organisational and personal online presence.
- Clearly differentiate between representing self and organisation during online activities.
- Ensure personal online posts and activities do not damage reputation of organisation and those associated with it.
- Protect customer privacy and maintain confidentiality of organisational information.
- Access and interpret information on privacy regulations and scope of requirements.
- Identify organisational privacy policies and procedures and determine applicability to own job role.
- Protect information provided by customers and others, according to regulations and organisational policies and procedures.
- Obtain and comply with permissions to publish images and text representing others.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive organisational information and confirm information that can be released before publishing.
- Source information on copyright.
- Access and interpret information on copyright and determine what is and what is not protected by copyright.
- Identify copyright owner’s exclusive rights to materials.
- Determine what permissions are required to use copyright materials and how to obtain.
- Engage professionally with customers online.
- Interpret information on the meaning of defamation, slander and libel to recognise potential incidents and avoid engagement.
- Communicate with customers in a timely, professional and positive manner to enhance organisational reputation.
- Respond to negative comments, complaints and conflicts sensitively, courteously and respectfully.
- Minimise risk to self, and organisational reputation by referring escalated conflict to relevant personnel.