The Community Sector and Development qualifications were reviewed and endorsed in July 2015 as part of the CHC Community Services Training Package.
The sector is divided into:
- Community services and development
- Chaplaincy and pastoral care
Occupations in the sector include:
Chaplain or pastoral care worker: Provides ethical, moral and spiritual guidance to clients using a person-centred approach
Community services worker: Coordinates and delivers person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities. Work may include day-to-day support of individuals in community settings or support the implementation of specific community-based programs and can include advocacy and social welfare worker, family support worker and case manager.
Community development worker: Coordinates and delivers programs that contribute to the development of capacity through public social change processes. This may involve developing community networks, offering advocacy services, determining community needs and empowering individuals and communities to achieve their goals. Job roles include: neighbourhood centre manager, community development officer and community housing resource worker.
Manager: Manages programs, projects and services. May also be responsible for co-ordination and management of smaller organisations or branches and departments of large organisations.
Volunteer: Offers a variety of services for free in a range of industries and organisations.
The VET qualifications that cater to this sector are:
CHC14015 Certificate I in Active Volunteering
- CHC22015 Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC24015 Certificate II in Active Volunteering
- HLT26015 Certificate II in Population Health
- HLT26115 Certificate II in Indigenous Environmental Health
CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services
- CHC34015 Certificate III in Active Volunteering
- HLT36015 Certificate III in Population Health
- HLT36115 Certificate III in Indigenous Environmental Health
- CHC40313 Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention
- CHC40413 Certificate IV in Youth Work
- CHC40513 Certificate IV in Youth Justice
- CHC42015 Certificate IV in Community Services
- CHC42115 Certificate IV in Community Development
- CHC42215 Certificate IV in Social Housing
- CHC42315 Certificate IV in Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care
- CHC44015 Certificate IV in Coordination of Volunteer Programs
- HLT46015 Certificate IV in Population Health
- HLT46115 Certificate IV in Indigenous Environmental Health
- CHC50313 Diploma of Child, Youth and Family Intervention
- CHC50413 Diploma of Youth Work
- CHC50513 Diploma of Youth Justice
- CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
- CHC52115 Diploma of Community Development
- CHC62015 Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management.
Links to view and download the content for each of these qualifications may be found in our Training Packages section.
Community Sector and Development IRC Industry Skills Forecasts
CLICK HERE to download the 2017 Community Sector and Development IRC Industry Skills Forecast.
CLICK HERE to download the 2018 Community Sector and Development IRC Industry Skills Forecast.
CLICK HERE to download the 2019 Community Sector and Development IRC Industry Skills Forecast.