SkillsIQ Ltd abides by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles. We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and your right to control the accuracy of your personal information.
This policy outlines SkillsIQ Ltd practices for managing the personal information we hold about our visitors to this website.
- We protect your details through encryption, firewalls, and building and computer security systems.
- We never share information about you with any other organisation beyond what is necessary to deliver the goods or services you have requested from us.
- You are welcome to review the information we hold about you.
- You have the right to opt out of individually addressed promotional mailings.
- We deal with complaints about privacy breaches promptly.
This policy covers information that identifies you as an individual. It also covers information from which your identity is apparent or could reasonably be ascertained.
Information we collect
The type of information we may collect and hold includes personal information about:
- Visitors to the website who provide us with their contact details,
- Clients and colleagues who have elected to be placed on our mailing list,
- Visitors providing feedback on our services and products,
- Clients and colleagues who are members of our advisory committees or reference groups,
- Participants in our online surveys and issues register.
We will only collect information by lawful and fair means and we will take steps to ensure that the information we collect does not intrude to an unreasonable extent on your personal affairs.
The type of personal information SkillsIQ collects and holds includes names, addresses, contact details, occupations and other information which assists us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services and products and meeting our legal obligations.
How do we collect personal information?
How might we use and disclose your personal information?
SkillsIQ may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected, for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act. We may use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to conduct our business;
- to provide and market our products and services;
- to communicate with you;
- to purchase from you;
- to comply with our legal obligations; and
- to help us manage and enhance our services.
To whom might we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf;
- in authorised reports on our projects and services;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities if required by law; and
- anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it.
Management of personal information
The Privacy Act requires us to take reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information. SkillsIQ personnel are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals. We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records. Where we no longer require your personal information for a permitted purpose under the Privacy Act, or where you request us to do so, we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
How do we keep personal information accurate and up-to-date?
SkillsIQ endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We encourage you to contact us in order to update any personal information we hold about you. If you wish to update your personal information please contact us
You have the ability to gain access to your personal information.
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may gain access to the personal information which SkillsIQ holds about you by contacting us
We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. A fee may be charged for providing access. We will advise you of the likely cost in advance.
If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can refer it to the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner.
The central office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner is located in Sydney at:
Level 3, 175 Pitt St
Sydney NSW 2000.
Privacy Hotline: 1300 363 992 (9.00am - 5.00pm EST Monday to Friday) (for the cost of a local call anywhere in Australia)
TTY: 133 677 - then ask for 1300 363 992
Mail: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
Please note: Complaints should be made in writing to the Federal Privacy Commissioner at the above address. If you need help to make a complaint, you can phone the hotline for assistance.
More information on privacy
The Australian Privacy Commissioner's website: