To inform the update of the Social Housing Qualification, the twelve Social Housing Units of Competency and the development of two Skill Sets, a Social Housing Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) comprised of stakeholders and subject matter experts from across Australia was formed. Formation of the TAC informed the identification and validation of the exact nature of the skills needs and knowledge requirements in the industry, and the respective Training Package Product update requirements.
The Social Housing TAC worked on updating one Qualification and twelve existing Units of Competency and developing one new Unit of Competency. These were released for public consultation in December 2019.
As a result, the following changes have been proposed:
- The following twelve Draft 2 Social Housing Units of Competency are now included in the Draft 2 validation:
o CHCSOH013 Work with people experiencing or at risk of homelessness
o CHCSOH014 Manage and maintain tenancy agreements and services
o CHCSOH015 Manage housing application and allocation processes
o CHCSOH016 Manage tenancy rent and rental arrears
o CHCSOH017 Manage vacant properties
o CHCSOH018 Respond to property maintenance enquiries
o CHCSOH019 Manage head lease
o CHCSOH020 Develop quality systems in line with registration standards
o CHCSOH021 Work with clients within the social housing system
o CHCSOH022 Develop social housing enterprise opportunities
o CHCSOH023 Acquire properties by purchase or transfer
o CHCSOH024 Support sustainable tenancies.
To take forward Training Package Product development work, the Social Housing TAC and the Community Sector and Development IRC have subsequently reviewed and confirmed the changes required for the development of Draft 2, based on feedback received from the first round of public consultation.
The Community Sector and Development IRC is comprised of a number of key expert stakeholders within the industry, as follows:
The Social Housing TAC is comprised of a number of key subject matter expert stakeholders within the industry, as follows:
Project Status – Draft 2 Validation - Closed
Consultation on Draft 2 was open from Wednesday, 12 August 2020 and closed at 5:00pm on Monday, 7 September 2020.
The Draft 2 consultation period sought feedback on one Qualification, two Skill Sets and twelve Units of Competency:
- CHC42220 Certificate IV in Housing
- CHCSSxxxxx Social Housing Skill Set
- CHCSSxxxxx Work with clients with complex needs Skill Set
- CHCSOH013 Work with people experiencing or at risk of homelessness
- CHCSOH014 Manage and maintain tenancy agreements and services
- CHCSOH015 Manage housing application and allocation processes
- CHCSOH016 Manage tenancy rent and rental arrears
- CHCSOH017 Manage vacant properties
- CHCSOH018 Respond to property maintenance enquiries
- CHCSOH019 Manage head lease
- CHCSOH020 Develop quality systems in line with registration standards
- CHCSOH021 Work with clients within the social housing system
- CHCSOH022 Develop social housing enterprise opportunities
- CHCSOH023 Acquire properties by purchase or transfer
- CHCSOH024 Support sustainable tenancies.
Please click here to access Draft 2 documents, including a Validation Guide.
A series of webinars were available, as well as access to the SkillsIQ Online Feedback Forum page.
Please click here to view the Certificate IV in Housing Draft 2 webinar presentation.
Webinar 1: Wednesday, 19th August 11:00am–12:00pm - closed
Webinar 2: Wednesday, 26th August 2:00pm–3:00pm - closed
Webinar 3: Wednesday, 2nd September 2:00pm–3:00pm - closed
Following the close of the validation period, feedback received will be collated and evaluated. This feedback will inform the development of the Final Draft of the Certificate IV in Housing Training Package Products.
For further information, please contact Devika Mudaliar on (02) 9392 8100 or 0438 043 186 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.