Events Qualifications - Case for Change
The Events industry has been growing exponentially over the past decade,
and it is expected to continue to grow, with strong employment
forecasted in the short-to-medium term. The industry has evolved
significantly over the years and, as a result, so too have the skills
needs of the workforce.
SkillsIQ, under the direction of the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality
Industry Reference Committee (IRC) and the Events Technical Advisory
Committee (TAC), has prepared a Case for Change
outlining the proposed update of those Training Package Products
specific to the Events industry in Australia. The existing
Qualifications, Units of Competency and Skill Sets currently form part
of the nationally recognised SIT Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Training Package.
It has been more than six years since the Training Package Products for
the Events industry were formally and comprehensively updated, and an
update is therefore proposed to ensure they are current and relevant.
This project will look to address the key skills and knowledge gaps
identified across the industry, and to ensure that training practices
are up to date with what industry needs.
This Case for Change proposes an update of the following Training Package Products:
- SIT30516 Certificate III in Events
- SIT50316 Diploma of Event Management
- SIT60216 Advanced Diploma of Event Management
19 Units of Competency
- SITEEVT001 Source and use information on the events industry
- SITEEVT002 Process and monitor event registrations
- SITEEVT003 Coordinate on-site event registrations
- SITEEVT004 Provide event staging support
- SITEEVT005 Plan in-house events or functions
- SITEEVT006 Develop conference programs
- SITEEVT007 Select event venues and sites
- SITEEVT008 Manage event staging components
- SITEEVT009 Organise event infrastructure
- SITEEVT010 Manage on-site event operations
- SITEEVT011 Research event industry trends and practice
- SITEEVT012 Develop event concepts
- SITEEVT013 Determine event feasibility
- SITEEVT014 Develop and implement event management plans
- SITEEVT015 Develop event transport plans
- SITEEVT016 Develop crowd management plans
- SITEEVT017 Develop multi-venue event plans
- SITEEVT018 Plan and allocate exhibition space
- SITEEVT019 Recruit and manage exhibitors
2 Skill Sets
- SITSS00044 Event Coordination Skill Set
- SITSS00045 Event Development Skill Set
The Case for Change has now been submitted for consideration by the AISC at its March meeting.
To download a copy of the Case for Change, please click here.
For more information, or to discuss, please contact SkillsIQ at email@example.com or by telephone at (02) 9392 8100.