SkillsIQ NSW ITAB
SkillsIQ NSW ITAB is supported by the NSW Department of Industry to provide independent advice to the NSW government on the training and skills needs of the service industries within NSW.
The industries we represent include retail and wholesale, sport, fitness, community recreation, outdoor recreation, travel, tourism, events, hospitality, accommodation, restaurants & cafes, holiday parks & resorts, hairdressing & barbering, beauty services, floristry, community pharmacy and funeral services.
Our Industry Advisory Committees (IACs) are key industry contacts for government. They provide independent advice on the training and skills development needs of industry, to help ensure our industries have a skilled workforce that is able to meet current and future job role requirements.
What we do
SkillsIQ NSW ITAB provides independent advice on skills and training needs to facilitate workforce development in the service industries within NSW.
We engage with industry and training providers to support employee training, up-skilling and education initiatives, bringing benefits to employers, employees and the NSW economy.
We provide advice to industry on:
- navigating the vocational education and training (VET) environment
- what a training package is and how to use it
- recognition of prior learning and current skills.
We provide advice to the NSW Government on:
- industry skill needs and priorities for funded training
- NSW apprenticeship and traineeship arrangements
- issues relating to training package development and implementation affecting NSW stakeholders
- VET programs for secondary students.
SkillsIQ NSW ITAB
GPO Box 4194
Sydney NSW 2001
Sarah Rosen - Executive Officer - NSW ITAB
Telephone: 02 9392 8100
Mobile: 0438 233 797